Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Finding Her Way Back by Heather Van Fleet


Obviously Callie has feelings for Ky and sometimes his words affect her, "she's...my neighbor." My shoulders slumped. His neighbor. Huh. Why did those two, meaningless words sting a girl's pride so much?" Sometimes the boy doesn't even let her finish a sentence, "then kiss me, for real this time. None of that fake, let's see if it works, s***. Kiss me like you mean it." I barely got the words out before his mouth was on mine." We also got to see in Ky's head, "so you had what, just flings?" Her giggles were suddenly lost, replaced by the twitch of her jaw. Oh hell, he liked this jealous side of her." I liked this book and I loved that Callie wasn't stick skinny like other heroines we read about now and days.

No comments:

Post a Comment