Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Arrow by Monica McCarty


There were times I wanted to hit Gregor, but that's only a few times in the book, other times I just loved the sh** out of him, "each time she said 'pretty' with such teasing laughter dancing in her eyes, he itched to throw her back against the 'pretty' tablecloth and kiss that impudent grin right from her mouth." I loved Cate's overall nature, "she tilted her head to the side and held his gaze. "Then what would you like there to be between us?" For a moment something hot and possessive flared in his eyes. Something fierce and primal that sent a shudder of awareness racing through her." As I mention there were times I wanted to hit Gregor and this would be one of those times where the boy was cruel, "use me?" He laughed again, shaking his head, and then in mock seriousness said, "aye, it's a hardship having women eager to jump in my bed, but somehow I manage to carry on." I hated how sometimes Gregor took Cate's carefree nature and broke it, "there is no one," she said flatly. "As I told you, I have no wish to marry anyone else, but apparently my wishes - my feelings - mean nothing to you. Have you been planning this since you returned?" He must have done a pi**-poor job of masking his guilt because she said, "Of course you have. How eager you must have been to finally have the chance to be rid of me." When Gregor FINALLY get's his crap together I loved how playful he could be with Cate, "naughty lass." He gave her bottom a little swat. "What am I going to do with you?" I loved how fierce and protective and possessive Gregor was of Cate, "his eyes flared. "i'd kill any man for touching you." I loved this book, I really did and I can't wait for the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment