Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Study in Darkness by Emma Jane Holloway


I didn't read the first book in the series (I know bad on my part but the cover was so pretty I had to get the book) so I was kind of not knowing what the heck was going on, BUT the book is an adventure type and I loved every minute of it. Imogen's thoughts entertained me, "Nick as a pirate?" Imogen muse. "He would look good with a cutlass and parrot." And Nick I thought he was just the sweetest, "court a girl," he said slyly. "Do I bring you sweetmeats and roses and take you to a show?" I mean seriously I fell in love with him, "Evie," he said, his voice holding emotions she couldn't name. "I'd walk through Newgate if I thought it would win you." I mean the boy is so far gone for her that he'd literally do anything for her, "his gaze softened. "If they're yours, they're mine. That's how it's always been." Even thought I totally had no clue what I missed from the first book I still loved this one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment