Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Breeze of Life by Kristy Dallas


We all know I have a pretty cover problem, see one I have to read the book, but when I read the blurb I had to talk to the author about my concerns before reading the book, and well I'm glad I read the book. It's about strength, and having a friend that lifts you up in the crappiest of times to get you through. Bree has conflicted feelings and well she's down in the dumps at the start of the books, "I didn't want to be Harper's drunken mistake, so I had pushed him away and straight into the arms of his ever reliable eff buddy Naomi." Harper he cares for Bree and needless to say he's upset to find something out is well... saying it lightly, "I'm so pi**ed at you right now, baby girl. I want to yell and scream and spank your a** red. But you know what's worse than feeling all that anger?" He's there not only to cheer her up but to perhaps make her see that she's being to harsh on herself, "eff, Bree, will you give it a effing rest with the death s***! Yeah you've got cancer and it sucks, it's effing unfair! I hate that you are sick and I hate that you're scared and sad, but you need to quit with this bulls*** because at the end of the day you are being selfish." See the boy gets straight to the point and doesn't hold back. And on certain things he REALLY doesn't hold back, "seriously, Breeze, your underwear is giving me a semi, I can't believe you let George wash this. In fact, never again, if you need your clothes washed I'll damn well do it." So nice of him. He's also very intent on his feelings for his girl, "if I wasn't trying damn hard to keep my hands to myself, I would be slamming this door shut and effing you six ways to Sunday." This book is really worth the read there are a few heart stopping moments, but not enough to keep me from getting this in paperback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment