Saturday, April 27, 2013

Knotted Roots by Ruthi Knight


I'm telling you what this book is worse than a woman PMSing (in this case it's a good thing.) The book was such a damn rollercoaster, one minute everything is peachy keen and the next all hell break's loose. We all know Roxie has some issues, hell who doesn't but honestly I think her Granny went a little too far sometimes, "you're only here for three months Roxie. It's not fair to him for you to breeze in, steal his heart, and then shred it into a thousand pieces. He's already been through enough hell for the last year, so please don't make it worse." Shouldn't Granny be warning Chase off of Roxie? I'm telling you what. Now Chase, how to describe him, well I can't so we'll take a quote from the bookie, "he wore a pair of dark denim jeans that clung to his body, almost like a second skin. His plain white t-shirt was crisp and clean, free of smudges, as if it was fresh out of the package. I could tell, even from this vantage point, that he was stocky, but his body was all muscle." Sweet Lord in heaven I love me country me. This story isn't about Chase this story is about Roxy, reconnecting, finding her roots, and rediscovering family, and discovering new friends. It's a great coming of age novel, there were some steamy moments but it never went to far, Chase is the perfect gentleman. I think at some point the pressure got to Roxie or it could have been jealousy, "so that's how it is? You are quick to stick up for them, to protect them, but to hell with me? I'm your flesh and blood! Your one and only grandchild, but I guess that doesn't mean much when you have these two," I pointed my fingers between Chase and Brian. "here instead. Fine, I don't want any part of this." I think she feels left out, I mean at this point I would have left her be but Chase, being the sweet, caring country boy he is cares about her, "I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Betty can get a lil bit over protective of us sometimes." Chase has his priorities straight, "we have to stop. I refuse to 'make you a woman' out on the here on the beach."  He's also waiting until marriage that's something that you don't find everyday, "I'm a simple kind of guy, with simple morals. I won't be taking anything like that from ya until we're married." Getting ahead of yourself aren't cha Chase lol. I can't wait for the second book in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment