Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Twisted & Distorted by Jenny Phillips


I liked Gianna the girl has a fire to her, "Look if you can't remember what happened in the woods you're lucky! Why try to dredge up bad memories?" She shook her head. "Honestly, you wouldn't believe me if I told you anyway!" I think she at times maybe perhaps, just a little, has to much fire in her, I mean if the girl wanted she could rip your heart out and feed it to the wolves, "Look Hunter, I don't know you anymore; you don't owe me anything. You're not bound to me by some childhood code. Let's just both move on with our lives." Hunter I adored in some situations like this one, "I'm glad you're giving me a second chance," Gianna smiled, but he didn't look up from her hair. "I'm glad to hear there weren't any boyfriends too." Then there were other times I wanted to hit him side the head:
                          "You just watched while he humiliated me," she spat the words like venom and spun on her heels heading home. 
                           "Gianna!" Hunter started after her again. 
                           "Just go back with all the other jock douche bags, that's where you're wanted."
Then once again there were the times I adores him, "Oh, don't play stupid look at you! That boy's following you around ready to rip off the head of the first guy who talks to you." I'm not sure if I'm Team Hunter yet, let's see if the second book can persuade me. 



Hunter is such a good boyfriend,"Yeah, but I skipped. I wanted to make sure you were okay. And I figured you could use some help." I  mean a REALLY really good boyfriend, "No, you're not. You're probably the strongest person I know, G. That's why everyone is trying to help. You don't have to be strong all the time." Even though the situation isn't funny, to me it kind of was (I know I have a weird sense of humor what can I say.) 
                    "G, it's me." 
                    Her stomach dropped when she realized she had lashed out at Hunter.
                   "I guess you don't need as much protecting as I thought," he said while releasing her and rubbing his shin.
The way it ended I think we'll see more of Hunter and Gianna again. Still not sure if I'm team Hunter, think I'm still team Chase from "Gifted" 


No comments:

Post a Comment