Thursday, February 28, 2013

RELEASE DAY BLITZ/EXCERPT: Cursed by R.K. Ryals


BLURB:
A grimoire. A witch. A Demon.

Ellie Elizabeth Jacobs, often known as Monroe due to her fascination with vintage attire and old movies, is an 18 year-old witch and a darned good one! But there is also something very wrong with her. Demonic energy makes her powers stronger, she has the ability to ward off Demons, and Lucifer wants her.

Sometimes being bad is better. Or at least that's how Luther "Thorne" Craig feels. The hybrid Demon son of the cursed Cain and the Demon Lilith, Luther is reluctantly sent to New Orleans, Louisiana by his brother, the hybrid Demon ruler of the Outer Levels of Hell, to protect Monroe from Lucifer's searching Hellhounds.

But what happens when things go wrong?

In this riveting spin off from R.K. Ryals' Redemption series, Monroe is faced with an old grimoire, an ancient curse, and a journey to discover a family secret that may surprise them all.

EXCERPT:
"Do you even know how to use that?" Luther asked.
My gaze moved to him as I stood, the gun dangling at my side. To be honest, I knew nothing about weapons. 
I shrugged. "It's a gun. You just point and shoot, right?" I asked. 
Luther shot me a look as I approached him, which was funny really since he looked somewhat ridiculous with a booted foot on Maggie's chest. 
I started to lift the gun, and Luther reached over, shaking his head as he grabbed me by the wrist, smoothly pulling the pistol out of my grip, his eyes locked on Maggie's. 
"I'll take that," he said. "You with a gun doesn't seem like a very smart idea."
I raised my brows at his insult. "What? You actually have those?" I retorted. "Smart ideas, I mean."
Luther paused, flipping the gun before pressing it back into my palm.
"I've changed my mind. If you shoot yourself, you'll just be saving me the trouble."

ABOUT R.K:
Born in Jackson, Mississippi, R. K. Ryals is a scatterbrained mother of three whose passion is reading whatever she can get her hands on. She makes her home in Mississippi with her husband, three daughters, a Shitzsu named Tinkerbell, and a coffeepot she couldn't live without. Visit her at http://www.rkryals.com/.

STALK R.K.:
Web
Goodreads
Smashwords
Twitter

OTHER BOOKS BY R.K.: 
Redemption
Ransom
Retribution
The Acropolis
The Labyrinth
Mark of the Mage


http://www.amazon.com/Cursed-The-Thorne-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B00BM5L3AI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362021373&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=cursed+rk+ryals

No comments:

Post a Comment